Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mountain of God

At the end of the semester a good friend of mine made me two CDs. I had only listened to one of them, tonight on my way home from my best friend's house I popped the second one in. The first song was Mountain of God. The drive home was probably the most peaceful I've been in weeks. I've been so uptight since finals week. This song made me realize I need to calm down and quit trying to do everything on my own. I don't have to do everything on my own and that's the greatest feeling in the world. I'm excited for what's to come. Life is finally starting to slow down and make sense. I'm finally realizing that I need to relax. Thanks to the simplicity of this song I've realized that I just need to open my eyes and heart.

Thought that I was all alone
Broken and afraid
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me
And I didn't even know
That I had lost my way
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me
'Til You opened up my eyes
I never knew
That I couldn't ever make it
Without You
Even though the journey's long
And I know the road is hard
Well, the One who's gone before me
He will help me carry on
After all that I've been through
Now I realize the truth
That I must go through the valley
To stand upon the mountain of God
As I travel on the road
That You have lead me down
You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me
I have need for nothing more
Oh, now that I have found
That You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me
I confess from time to time
I lose my way
But You are always there
To bring me back again
Sometimes I think of where it is I've come from
And the things I've left behind
But of all I've had, what I possessed
Nothing can quite compare
With what's in front of me
With what's in front of me

No comments:

Post a Comment