Sunday, April 25, 2010

CLV, Jordan, and NYC

School is almost over and I cannot wait to get out of Jackson for a while. In 23 days I will be back in the comfort of my home with my amazing family and sweet little dog. I remember last year at this time I was counting down the days until graduation and even to when I was moving to Jackson. I was ecstatic to get out of Clarksville and start life on my own. Little did I know a year later I'd be yearning to be back in the comfort and routine of home. I find myself calling Jackson home. I've always heard "home is where your heart is" and well my physical heart is obviously here in Jackson, but my heart is in Clarksville with my family and best friends. Living in this little box has started to take its toll on me. I cannot wait to be home and start traveling with my mom. We have some pretty sweet trips lined up for this summer and I'm excited to get started on them.

In 41 days I will be in Richmond, Virginia. I absolutely cannot wait to be there. Not only do I get to hit up Myrtle Beach with my mom after we leave Richmond, but while there I get to spend three days with my wonderful boyfriend. I have always loved baseball. My goal is to go to every major league stadium, but lately I've found that my heart just isn't in it anymore. It has to do with the fact that baseball has taken Jordan away until October. Its crazy how much you can miss someone who has only been in your life for six months. I often find myself thinking about him and the fun we had before he left for baseball. The phone can only go so far, I can't wait to actually see his facial expressions when he tells me to "lock it up" or "the room shakes when you laugh". Its the little things that I miss the most like his cologne, the looks he gives me when I'm doing something retarded, and his horrible farmers tan. I am extremely thankful that I have an awesome mom who is taking me to see him twice this summer, without those trips I would have to go a whole five months without seeing those gorgeous brown eyes of his.

In 60 days I will step off a plane with other students into the biggest city in the U.S. Last summer I fell in love with New York. Not the city itself, but rather the people. The stereotype that northerns are rude could not be anymore skewed. Don' get me wrong last summer I had my fair share of run ins with rude people, but I really do believe I had more run ins with some of the nicest people I've ever met. City Uprising was definitely a hard week, but in the end I came out feeling so blessed. I fell in love with New York and cannot wait to be back again to share the gospel and get information about AIDS out there to the lost and hurting inhabitants of NYC.

I have tons more countdowns on my calendar, but at this point in time those are the most important. I basically have a full summer of traveling planned. My mom and I are going to rock out in the Mazda and hit up cities we've never been to, Braves games, a few AA games to see my man umpire, the beach, an MLS game and of course every mall we pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment